Are you tired of piecing together multiple security solutions that only address a fraction of your network’s security needs? In today’s world, cyber threats are constantly evolving and becoming more sophisticated. It’s not enough to simply have a vulnerability scanner or a security monitoring solution - you need a comprehensive security solution that can detect vulnerabilities, identify potential attacks, and take proactive measures to prevent them. That’s where OpenVAS and Wazuh come in - two powerful open-source tools that can be integrated to provide a more comprehensive security solution.
OpenVAS is a popular vulnerability scanner that can help detect weaknesses in your network, while Wazuh is a security monitoring solution that can identify threats, anomalies, and intrusions. By integrating OpenVAS with Wazuh, you can not only detect vulnerabilities, but also identify potential attacks and take proactive measures to prevent them.
• Comprehensive security solution: By integrating OpenVAS with Wazuh, you’re able to detect vulnerabilities, identify potential attacks, and take proactive measures to prevent them. This comprehensive security solution allows you to focus on what matters most - protecting your network and data from harm.
• Improved efficiency: Rather than using multiple security solutions, integrating OpenVAS with Wazuh allows you to streamline your security processes and improve efficiency.
• Real-time monitoring: With Wazuh’s real-time monitoring capabilities, you can quickly identify and respond to potential threats before they become major issues.
• Automated remediation: By using Wazuh’s automated remediation capabilities, you can quickly and easily remediate vulnerabilities and prevent potential attacks.
• Customized scanning: With OpenVAS and Wazuh integration, you can customize your scans based on specific parameters and configurations. This allows for a more tailored and efficient scanning process. For example, you can configure OpenVAS to scan only certain ports or services or exclude certain hosts or IP ranges. This can help reduce false positives and speed up the scanning process.
• Enhanced reporting: Wazuh provides advanced reporting capabilities that can be used to generate detailed vulnerability reports. These reports can be customized to include specific details such as severity levels, affected hosts, and recommended remediation actions.
• Install OpenVAS: The first step is to install OpenVAS on a Linux machine using the package manager or by compiling it from source. Once installed, configure OpenVAS by setting up a user account and scanning targets.
• Install Wazuh: Next, install Wazuh on a different machine from the one running OpenVAS. Wazuh can be installed on a variety of operating systems, including Linux, Windows, and macOS. During the installation process, configure Wazuh by setting up the Wazuh server and agents.
• Install OpenVAS plugin for Wazuh: To communicate with the OpenVAS scanner and retrieve vulnerability scan results, you’ll need to install the OpenVAS plugin for Wazuh. The plugin can be installed on the Wazuh server or a separate machine that has access to the OpenVAS scanner.
• Configure OpenVAS plugin for Wazuh: After installing the OpenVAS plugin, configure it by setting up the OpenVAS scanner IP address and port number. The plugin also requires authentication details for the OpenVAS scanner user account.
• Run OpenVAS scan: Once the plugin is configured, run an OpenVAS scan on the target machine. The scan results will be saved in the OpenVAS scanner’s database.
• Retrieve OpenVAS scan results using Wazuh: After the scan is completed, use the OpenVAS plugin for Wazuh to retrieve the scan results from the OpenVAS scanner’s database. The scan results can be viewed in the Wazuh management dashboard.
• Analyse the results: Finally, analyse the scan results to identify vulnerabilities and prioritize them based on their severity. The Wazuh dashboard can be used to view the vulnerabilities and take remediation actions.
Integrating OpenVAS with Wazuh can provide a comprehensive security solution that enables you to detect vulnerabilities, identify potential attacks, and take proactive measures to prevent them. By using these open-source tools together, you can streamline your security processes, improve efficiency, and ensure your network and data are protected from harm. The configuration steps may seem daunting at first, but with the right resources and guidance, it can be a straightforward process. The benefits of integrating OpenVAS with Wazuh are clear - customized scanning, enhanced reporting, real-time monitoring, and automated remediation - all of which can help you stay ahead of the ever-evolving cyber threat landscape. If you’re tired of piecing together multiple security solutions that only address a fraction of your network’s security needs, then look no further than OpenVAS and Wazuh.